Tuesday 6 November 2012

"IT" - the cause of Stress and Anxiety issues !!

A strange title for a Blog is probably what you are thinking now - at least I hope you are. I want to challenge your thinking for a while, because every day I hear clients talking about "IT". This "IT" is all empowering as IT can cause people to be stressed, IT can cause people to be angry, IT can cause people to be anxious, or happy, or sad.... there seems to be very little by way of emotions that "IT" cannot cause. Just have a think for a moment how many times a week you may say to either yourself, friend, work collegue or a family member things like the following:

"My work really makes me feel stressed" "Driving to work really makes me feel anxious" "When I look in the mirror and see myself it really makes me feel sad"

The common denominator is that if you do think like that YOU are taking no responsibility for how you are feeling. You are putting the way you feel on other people or other things MAKING you feel a certain way, and thats not correct! Your work does NOT make you feel stressed - you CHOOSE to feel stressed about your work and you could choose not to by managing your thoughts and your emotions properly. Driving does not make you feel anxious - you choose to feel anxious about driving and again if you managed your thoughts and emotions properly you could choose not to. Likewise looking in the mirror does not MAKE YOU feel sad... Get the idea?

When ever you use the word IT you are taking responsibility for something happening away from yourself and putting things down to a mysterious force, something outside of your control, and that's what we call an External Locus of Control. The good thing is that this is really easy to change using THRIVE or Hypnotherapy if you are prepared to put in some effort, and in a very short time the stress and anxiety that IT causes you to suffer could have disappeared - permanently.

If you are interested to find out more please call me on 01234 313186, email me on greg.coyne@purehypno.com or even contact me through my WEBSITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment